I learned of this brand late in 2017 and I began using their products. After almost six months of use I decided its about time I write a review. Oyin Handmade is a line of natural hair and body products. They include a newly emerging line of beard care (I have not tried anything from the beard line. I would like to talk about the items I have tried.
- Whipped Shea Butter- DEFINITELY moisturizes. This kept my usually dry and peeling skin in check. I tried the unscented version. I will admit that I probably should have order one of the scents. It would have made for a more luxurious moisturizing process.
- No Ash At All- this is the brands lotion. This is an amazingly rich product. Initially I was using too much product and I had difficulty rubbing it into my skin. Since I have scaled back the amount I have been using and it is a great fortifier against dry skin.
- After bath oil- I Love this product. It has a slightly thicker texture than other bath oil products. I love to use this at night or on a day when I will just lay around and I can let my oil seep into my skin.
- Boing- This is a curl defining styling product. I did define my curls. I found that my hair looked amazing when I layered this with the burnt sugar pomade. My hair had a very light hold with some curl definition.
- Juices and Berries- This is a spray used to moisturize dry hair. I usually use this product to prep my hair for re-styling. This helps add nutrients and allows me to prep my hair for a new protective style.
- Burnt Sugar Pomade- This is a sweet raw sugar scented product used to add moisture and shine. The texture can feel a little greasy however when applied to my slightly damp hair it allows my hair to dry soft and shiny. Smelling sweet is always a plus.
- Grand Poo Bar- By far my least favorite product out of the many items I have tried. I was just under-whelmed by this shampoo bar. It left my hair clean however I did not identify any added benefits. For now I will stick to what I have been using to cleanse my hair.
- Honey Hemp Moisturizing Conditioner- This is the “bomb dot com!” I use this conditioner to de-tangle my hair prior to applying my deep conditioner as well as for a quick in shower conditioning treatment. The scent is delicate and calming. It gives great slip for the de-tangle process. This product is a great foundation for the application of other styling products on top of it.
On a more personal level I had an issue with one of my online orders and the response that I received to my customer inquiry was swift. The issue was resolved and I continue to be a committed client of the brand.
In an ever expanding world of natural products this brand is certainly raising the bar.
Check them at
As always, my unsolicited and unbiased opinion on the things I experience. #one2paintface #MUA #brandambassador